According to experts, magnesium deficiency is the largest health issue in the world today and that millions of people suffer from magnesium deficiency without even being aware of it.
Namely, magnesium is responsible for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body that keep the body working properly.
Magnesium is responsible for:
• Regulating the blood pressure
• Proper transportation of calcium, silica, vitamin D, vitamin K and magnesium
• Providing the body with energy
• Aids digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats
• Relieves insomnia, anxiety and depression
• Stimulates metabolism and thus helps the weight loss process
• Regulates the circulation
• Helps in pregnancy
Here are the 10 most common magnesium deficiency symptoms:
• Muscle contractions and cramps
• Numbness and tingling
• High blood pressure
• Blood clots
• Abnormal heart rhythms
• Nausea and digestion problems
• Loss of appetite
• Frequent headaches, migraines and sensitivity to noise
• Fatigue and low energy levels
• Personality and behavioral changes
These are the 5 most powerful ways to increase your magnesium levels:
1. Consuming magnesium-rich diet
• Avocados– 1 fruit is equivalent to 15% of your daily value.
• Bananas – 1 medium fruit supplies 8% of your daily value.
• Lentils– 1 cup of cooked lentils is equivalent to 18% of your daily value.
• Okra– 1 cup of boiled okra gives you 14% of your daily value.
• Seeds– 1 ounce whole, roasted pumpkin or squash supplies 19% of your daily value.
• Rice – 1 cup of long grain brown rice supplies 21% of your daily value.
• Spinach – 1 cup of cooked spinach gives you 39% of your daily value.
2. Reduce or eliminate the intake of refined sugar, coffee, alcohol, carbonated drinks
3. Consider taking magnesium supplements
4. Combining magnesium supplements with calcium supplements, vitamin D and K2, as well as B-complex can be of a great help
5. Avoid exposure to stress