- Avocados contain 20 important vitamins and minerals
The consumption of avocados may significantly protect your health as these fruits contain numerous vitamins and minerals. An avocado a day may provide all the nutrients you need. This is what can you consume in a cup of avocados:
- Vitamin C – 25 % of Daily Value
- Vitamin K – 39 % of Daily Value
- Vitamin E – 16 % of Daily Value
- Potassium – 21 % of Daily Value
- Folate – 30 % of Daily Value
- The fiber in avocados is beneficial for the gut
Avocados are a great choice in case you suffer from issues such as constipation. These fruits contain 80% dietary fiber, which is extremely beneficial for the gut.
- Avocados prevent heart diseases
Avocados are high in antioxidants, and may reduce the body cholesterol, so they successfully prevent heart diseases.
- Potassium in avocados reduces blood pressure
Avocados are high in potassium which effectively relaxes the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure.
- Avocados have anti-inflammatory properties
According to newest research, increased body inflammation is the root of almost all diseases. Moreover, an American study proved that flavonoids and polyphenols in avocados effectively inflammations.
- Arthritis relief
Avocados have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, so they are perfect in the case of arthritis.
- It maintains the levels of bad cholesterol low
These fruits are high in unsaturated, or good, fats, which reduce the bad cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin A in avocados enhances your vision
Avocados are high in different forms of this vitamin, which is extremely beneficial for your vision.
- Avocados lower the risk of cancer
According to a research conducted at the University of California, the regular consumption of avocados reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
- Avocados are excellent for the skin
Avocados are abundant in antioxidants such as polyphenols and flavonoids, which help in the reduction of oxidative stress- body toxins. Namely, oxidative stress accelerates the aging process. Furthermore, avocados are also high in vitamin C, which rejuvenates the skin and prevents wrinkles.