Shigeaki Hinohara is a 104-year old Japanese doctor who is still alive and well after living for more than a century. The doctor was born at the beginning of the 20th century and has had a long and successful career. Hinohara has written over 150 books and found the “New Elderly Movement” which aims to provide information on how to live a long and prosperous life.
Here are some of his tips:
Take the stairs and move more – according to the doctor, staying physically active is key for a long life.
- According to Hinohara, you shouldn’t believe everything your doctor says. Instead, you need to educate yourself and read more, which will certainly help you live a better life.
- Share your knowledge – Dr. Hinohara has taken part in over 100 seminars and has shared his view on war and peace. He usually shared his lessons while standing and has asked the audience to do so as well.
- Don’t retire – instead, keep going for as much as you can.
- If you want to lead a better life, you need to keep yourself occupied with work and plan ahead. The doctor plans to attend the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- According to Dr. Hinohara, you need to maintain your weight if you want to stay healthy. He consumes a bit of orange juice, a tablespoons of olive oil and a cup of coffee for breakfast in order to prevent weight gain.
- By eliminating your time restraints and keep going until you’re sleepy or hungry, you will be able to lead a happier and more energetic life.
- Dr. Hinohara keeps serving the community even now, and he still works as much as he can. This, as he says, will keep you occupied and help you live a more fulfilling life.
- The doctor also says that it’s important to have a role model. When facing an obstacle, he always asks himself what would his father do.
- According to the doctor, you don’t need to worry that much. Life is full of accidents and unpredictable, and you need to learn how to adapt to unpleasant circumstances. At 59, Dr. Hinohara was kidnapped by the Red Army and spent 4 days under extreme heat handcuffed to his seat, and he’s amazed at how his body adapted to food and sleep deprivation.
- The doctor says that any disease or condition can be cured with visual or liberal arts.
- According to Dr. Hinohara, we shouldn’t be obsessed with money. You can have millions, but you won’t get to take them anywhere after you die.
- If you want to treat pain and forget about it, you need to do something fun. This will take your mind off it and reduce any kind of pain.
- Finally, Dr. Hinohara says that you must find motivation in order to stay inspired and keep going both physically and mentally.