Sedentary lifestyles and the physical inactivity lead to serious health issues.
However, you cannot find an excuse for not having at least 15 minutes every single day for exercising.
We recommend a simple form of walking that will provide amazing effects for your health and body. Namely, you need only 15 minutes daily to support your overall health.
Researchers at the University Hospital of Saint-Etienne, the University Hospital of Dijon, the University of Lyon, the Regional Center for Cancer Prevention and Jean Monnet University in France, all confirmed the effectiveness of this exercise.
One of these studies was published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine. It involved participants older than 60.
They had to exercise 15 minutes daily, and this lowered their risk of death by 22%, in comparison to participants who did not exercise at all. The study findings maintained that a 15-minute daily walk ‘will help you live longer’.
Media widely reported the results of these studies. Due to all this, doctors claim that you should do at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week.
Here are the benefits:
1. Walking helps you burn calories. Even if you don’t burn as many calories as you would in the gym, walking still helps you lose weight and improve your metabolism. In just 15 minutes of walking your body can burn up to 80-100 calories, depending on various factors like your weight and your speed.
2. It boosts vitamin D. A short walk in the sun will increase your vitamin D levels and it will fix this important nutrient in your system. Isn’t this a great reason to get out of the house now?
3. Walking improves your mood. Feeling depressed or anxious? Get out and walk for at least 15 minutes in a quiet and relaxing place. You’ll clear your mind, energize your body and get rid of the negative vibrations.
4. It relieves pain. When you sit all day at the desk, pain can become your biggest enemy. If your joints and muscles hurt, all you have to do is walk for at least 15 minutes.
This will improve the blood flow, relax the muscular system and increase the joint mobility.
5. Walk 15 min a day and your heart will thank you. Walking regulary will reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. It will also lower the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and it will prevent and control the high blood pressure that causes strokes, reducing the risk by up to 27 percent.
6. It prevents diabetes!
7. Helps the prevention of colon cancer, breast cancer, and lung cancer!