As a society, we have become over-reliant on “ready made” products. We have lost the ability to make things from scratch.
Rather than blend up some peanuts to make delicious, tasty and fresh peanut butter, we’ll spend many dollars on a jar from the store that contains artificial preservatives, unnecessary packaging and that simply lines the pockets of huge, unethical multinational corporations.
Making things yourself not only saves you money and helps the environment, but it lets you know where your products are coming from and exactly what has been put in them.
You can make anything from food items to personal care and cleaning products, all in very simple ways.
Keep in mind: at whatever point you can, use natural food and ingredients in your recipes. Use sea salt rather than table salt. Use solid oils like coconut oil. Use raw cane sugar or honey as sweetener rather than refined white sugar. Picking the cleanest add-ins is the best decision for your mind and body.
15 Things You Can Start Making:
- Homemade Ketchup – This ketchup won’t use up your every last cent, tastes better than the real one, and contains no included sugar – so it’s healthfully useful for the entire family.
- Homemade Mayonnaise — This is an extraordinary formula for any mayonnaise fan who wants to make some at home, it’s straightforward and simple and tastes better than the one you buy from the store.
- Peanut Butter – It is so simple to make this storeroom staple, that it would be pointless to purchase it. You only need three ingredients to make a straightforward heavenly Peanut Butter for your entire family.
- Simple Loaf Of Bread – This is an exemplary formula for you to make and quit purchasing your ordinary week by week loaf of bread – nothing beats the emanation of freshly made bread.
- Homemade Yoghurt – This formula makes a thick and velvety yogurt that would equal the one you buy from the store. When you realize this procedure you won’t be purchasing it once more!
- Salad Dressing – This simple recipe for homemade salad dressing will jazz up any old salad and make it fabulous. Forget the store bought versions —get your aprons on, and get making.
- Honey Shampoo – This cleanser helps decrease frizz, battle dandruff, cream and makes your hair clean all in one. A common, kind to your skin cleanser that will make you reconsider next time you are in the store.
- Body Wash – If you need to spare cash, yet have little time to waste, then this is the regular option for you. A basic formula and system which makes a sudsy bubbly wash extraordinary for all sorts of skin.
- Shaving Cream – This shaving cream will leave your skin soft and smelling fantastic. With ingredients like coconut oil, Shea butter, mint and rosemary you will feel invigorated and fresh after every shave.
- Super Strength Herbal Deodorant – Rather than use expensive chemical filled deodorants, why not make your own? This requires just a few ingredients, is “super strength” and totally natural!
- Anti-wrinkle Cream — Have you ever been enticed by those “marvel” creams that will make you look “ten years younger” that all the real excellence organizations produce? Well most of them are stuffed with chemicals, preservatives, and artificial add-ins, and on top of that, they are ludicrously overpriced. Make your own!
- Homemade Natural Fabric Softener –Want to make your clothing scent stunning, and in the same time stay new and delicate? Well, this is the formula for you. Most cleansers are truly poisonous and could be destructive to the skin.
- Homemade Dishwasher Detergent Cubes— These are so easy to make, it just obliges combining four straightforward add-ins: washing soda, Epsom salt, Borax and lemon juice and after that leaving it that way to dry. The cubes are great for your dishes!
- Spice Mixes – Did you know that store bought spice mixers and rubs have all sorts of questionable ingredients in them like fillers, preservatives and other unwanted fake flavor enhancers? It is far healthier, cheaper and tastier to make your own, here are eight delicious combinations to start you off…
- Natural Disinfectant Spray -It contains only four ingredients: water, eucalyptus, lavender and tea tree essential oil (all of which can be purchased here). The essential oils have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-toxin properties serving to clean and sterilize surfaces in your home without the chemicals, without the cost and with a great fragrance, as well!
h/t: collective-evolution.com/2014/08/07/50-things-you-should-stop-buying-start-making/; naturallivingideas.com/50-things-to-stop-buying/5/