If you think oatmeal makes for a boring breakfast, you’re wrong. Though this morning staple doesn’t have any magical properties as a breakfast food, can get a major upgrade when you mix in fruit, spices and other flavor-boosting ingredients and acts as a healthy and delicious breakfast when you are trying to slim down.
Oatmeal is very nutritious and versatile cereal providing numerous health benefits, high in fiber, and keeps you feel full for longer since it’s a whole grain, and therefore you should start incorporating into your daily diet.
Apart from being very practical and easy to prepare, oatmeal is a food that helps you lose weight by speeding up your metabolism as it contains a number of vitamins and minerals.
Benefits of an Oatmeal Breakfast
• Causes a feeling of an immediate satisfaction and stops you from overeating or eating unnecessary quantities of foods rich in calories,
• Reduces the absorption of cholesterol in the blood,
• Regular consumption of an oatmeal helps prevent cardiovascular problems, particularly those related to the heart.
1. Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon
The first of these oatmeal breakfasts is delicious, sweet and creamy. That’s why it’s perfect to start cold days with this one.
• 1 cup of rolled oats
• 2 cups of almond milk
• 1 apple cubed apples
• 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
• In a medium pan mix the almond milk, the oats, the cinnamon, and the maple syrup.
• Stir occasionally to avoid the mixture sticking to the pan.
• Keep on the heat until all the milk is almost all absorbed.
• Remove from the heat, add the apple pieces and stir.
• Let sit for 15 minutes.
• Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon over the oatmeal and enjoy.
2. Pear, ginger and oatmeal smoothie
You would definitely want to try this delicious smoothie.
• 1/2 cup of almond milk
• 1/2 teaspoon of recently grated ginger
• 3 tablespoons of oats
• 1 ice cube
• 1/2 cup of natural low fat Greek yogurt
• 1/2 pear
• In a blender, liquefy all of the ingredients until the mixture is homogenized. Serve and enjoy.