Generally, a white tongue occurs due to poor oral hygiene or of the accumulation of bacteria. Therefore, it is recommended for us to pay attention to it and look for a remedy to treat it.
The tongue is the organ that performs the most important task such as talking and distinguishing flavors, so adequate oral hygiene is required. A white tongue occurs as a result of the accumulation of bacteria, dead cells and an indication that something could not be right with our health.
When you notice that your tongue is white, you will only also notice a few spots. When the problem becomes worse, these patches will get larger until they cover your entire tongue.
If you noticed this problem, we recommend you to try these natural remedies for a white tongue. There is one for all different tastes, so don’t worry: you will definitely find one for you.
Probiotics are bacteria that fight the oral microbes that have accumulated in the body, improve our immune system, and reduce inflammation.
The best way to get probiotics is to eat yogurt daily and thus you will have a balanced diet.
Another way is by taking probiotic capsules which can be found in all-natural stores.
2. Baking soda
Baking soda acts as an exfoliant that neutralizes your tongue’s pH by reducing bacterias’ ability to reproduce and grow.
Lemon compliments the effect as it helps heal the tongue.
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda (5 g)
• Lemon juice
• Combine the baking soda with the lemon juice to create a paste.
• Put the paste on your toothbrush and brush your tongue for up to two minutes.
• Rinse with cool water and brush again with your regular toothpaste.
3. Sea salt
Sea salt is another ideal remedy that fights white tongue. You can use regular salt, but we recommend sea salt as it contains larger crystals that make it better for exfoliation.
Salt helps in eliminating dead cells that accumulate on the tongue, is a great antiseptic and destroys bacteria.
You only need a pinch of sea salt and apply it directly onto your tongue.
Brush your tongue with your toothbrush for 3 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Thanks to its antibacterial properties, turmeric helps to remove the white layer that accumulates on our tongues. To strengthen its effect, we recommend that you add a little lemon juice. That will make it easier to brush.
• You just need to take a teaspoon of turmeric and mix it with lemon juice.
• Use the paste to brush your tongue for 3 minutes and rinse with cool water.
Tips for avoiding white tongue
After eliminating the problem, we recommend you to follow these precautions to prevent this problem to occur again:
• Brush your teeth at least 3 times a day. This seems like obvious advice, but people tend to skip over brushing, especially in the afternoon.
• If you have already notice accumulation of bacteria, you need to maintain your hygiene as much as you can.
• Occasionally use one of these natural remedies. When you have get rid of the white patches on your tongue, you can apply the remedy that you like the most once a week. This will prevent it from coming back again.
• Drink water in high amounts. It will keep you hydrated and help you to eliminate the bacteria that have accumulated in your mouth.