Gray hair is among the most dreaded nightmares that women have. You might disagree, but no one really gives gray hair much thought until you find one of your own. That’s when it starts to feel like the world is crashing down on you. Like everything is changing. And we, as human beings, do not like change.
While some may see it as a sign of wisdom and maturity, many people view gray hair as an unwanted sign of old age.
Melanin, among other functions, is responsible for giving your hair its pigment.
Although the appearance of gray hair is usually associated with age, that’s not the only factor that influences its appearance.
Therefore, a few other important things must be considered, which can directly or indirectly influence the appearance of gray hairs: stress, certain medical conditions, diet…
Though there are many dyes on the market formulated specifically to cover gray hair, the harsh chemicals in these products make them undesirable to those with an eye for maintaining optimal health.
Fortunately nature provides us with both internal and external remedies for slowing, halting, and sometimes even reversing the growth of gray hair, as well as masking it without hurting our bodies in the process.
These are distinguished by the strong color they have. This is why they’re a great alternative for covering gray hair.
Ingredients: 4 tablespoons of walnut leaves (60 g); 4 cups of water (1 liter)
Preparation and application:
– Add the walnut leaves to the water in a large saucepan.
– Bring this mixture to a boil for 15 minutes.
– Allow it to cool to room temperature.
– Once it is cool, strain off the liquid and apply it to your hair.
Black Tea Remedy
Ingredients: 2 tsp Black Tea Leaves; 1 cup Water
– Boil the black tea in a cup of water and let it steep for a couple of minutes.
– Set the solution aside to cool.
– Once the tea has cooled, apply it to your hair and leave it in for an hour.
– Rinse your hair under cool running water.
– Do not shampoo.
Repeat this once in two weeks.
Black tea stains your hair, darkening it. It also adds shine to your hair, making it an excellent remedy for reviving dull, lifeless hair.
Coconut Oil And Lemon Remedy
Ingredients: 2 tbsp Coconut Oil; 1 tbsp Lemon Juice;
– Combine the ingredients in a bowl and start applying it to your hair.
– Massage the mixture into your scalp and work it down to the tips of your hair.
– Once all of your hair is covered, leave it in for 30 minutes.
– Wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
Twice a week.
While coconut oil and lemon juice do not reverse graying, it delays it by preserving the pigment cells in your hair follicles.
Beet, Carrot, and Lemon Juice
Juicing your hair with beet juice, carrot juice, lemon juice, or a combination of the three, will restore reddish hues or add some vibrant highlights to your existing color. Beets are better for darker reds, carrots for softer orange, and lemon for golden blonde.
Combine one cup of juice with hair conditioner or coconut oil and massage into hair. Since beet and carrot juice will color your skin too, be sure to protect your face by applying oil around your hairline, ears, and neck. Leave it in for an hour before rinsing. For lemon juice applications, sit out in the sun for extra lightening.