Here is a list of the health benefits that a cucumber carries:
- Keeps you hydrated. If you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water. It will cheerfully compensate!
- Fights heat, both inside and out. Eat cucumber, and your body gets relief from heartburn. Apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief from sunburn and itchy skin.
- Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Nourishes you with vitamins. A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach.
- Supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon. That’s why cucumber-based treatments are popular in spas.
- Aids in weight loss. Enjoy cucumbers in your salads and soups. My favorite snack? Crunchy cucumber sticks with creamy yogurt dip.
- Revives the eyes. Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
- Cuts cancer risk. Cut down your risk of several cancers by including cucumber in your diet. Several studies show its cancer-fighting potential.
- Stabilizes blood pressure. Patients that struggle with blood pressure, both high and low, often find that eating cucumber brings relief.
- Refreshes the mouth. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good.
- Smooths hair and nails. Silica, the wonder mineral in cucumber makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier.
- Soothes muscle and joint pain. All those vitamins and minerals in cucumber make it a powerful enemy of muscle and joint pain.
- Keeps kidneys in shape. Cucumber lowers uric acid levels in your system, keeping the kidneys happy.
- Good for diabetics. Patients of diabetes can enjoy cucumber while also reaping its health benefits: cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
- Reduces cholesterol. A compound called sterols in cucumber helps reduce bad cholesterol.
Now To The Meal Plan:
Start this cucumber diet by following this meal plan.
Purchase a low-fat yogurt with no added sugars and add 200 g of sliced cucumbers. Mix them well. If you still feel hungry, you can slice two peaches or one apple and eat them.
For lunch, you need to eat a large plate of cucumber salad and a slice of dried bread. From time to time, you can also try this recipe if you want something to eat that has more taste:
- 2 potatoes
- 300 g of fresh fruits
- Drinks: tea, coffee without sugar
Start by boiling the potatoes or baking them, your choice. Eat them with some slices of whole wheat bread and a sliced cucumber. Later as a snack, you can cut up some fresh fruits and make a fruit salad. Also, for a drink, you can consume coffee or tea but without any sugar.
Another recipe you could try is:
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread / 2 potatoes
- 150 g of tuna / 2 eggs or 15 g white meat
Whether you choose potatoes or bread, it is up to you, but you can eat either of them with some tuna and a sliced cucumber. Besides, if you dislike the taste of tuna, grill the white meat without oil and eat it with some boiled eggs.
In between meals you can always drink cucumber shake. There is no limited amount. Here is what you need to make it:
- A handful of spinach
- 20 g of almonds and walnuts
- 1 apple
- 1 cucumber
Start by adding the apple, cucumber, and spinach to a blender and blend them well. But, do not peel them. After that, add some ginger and continue blending. After you get the desired consistency, your shake is ready.
Decorate your glass with some walnuts and almonds and drink it immediately. If you let the drink rest, it might lose its healing properties. Besides, it is rich in minerals and vitamins such as Vitamin A, magnesium, fiber, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, calcium, Vitamin B, iron, Vitamin E, etc.
For dinner you won’t need to eat many different foods, you will only need 300 g of any fruit you like and make a fruit salad.
For Best Results
If you want the best results for only 7 days, you will need to focus on a more rigorous diet. For breakfast, eat only the yogurt with 200 g cucumbers and fruit. For lunch, eat only a large plate of cucumber salad with a piece of dried bread. While for dinner you must eat only a fruit salad.