Chamomile tea is one of the most popular varieties of tea in the market, and it has many health benefits and uses, including its ability to protect the skin, lower stress levels, aid sleep, soothe menstrual symptoms, boost the immune system, treat gastrointestinal issues and manage diabetes, among others.
What Is Chamomile Tea?
Chamomile is basically a herb that originates from a blooming plant from the daisy gang. Both the new and dried blossoms of chamomile have been utilized to make teas for quite a long time to cure various wellbeing issues. The dynamic fixing in chamomile key oil is known as bisabolol, which has various hostile to aggravation, calming, and against microbial properties.
Chamomile tea has long been perceived for its medical and beauty advantages. Chamomile flower resembles a daisy with its wonderful white petals and yellow circle florets, and it has a solid smell. Local to Asia, Europe, Australia and North America, this wonderful blossom blooms amid ahead of schedule summers.
Medical Benefits of Chamomile Tea:
1. Treats Cuts and Wounds– Chamomile tea was used by the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians as a salve for wounds to expedite healing. In a recent study, rats given chamomile flavored water healed faster than those who were not given the elixir. It worked especially well for burn wounds. This is because Matricaria chamomilla has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant effects.
2. Helps with Diabetes– Some research has shown that chamomile can help those suffering from diabetes. It also helps with hyperglycemia.
3. Antibacterial– The antibacterial effects of drinking chamomile tea can help to prevent and treat colds while protecting against bacterial-related illness and infection.
4. Calms Muscle Spasms– One study from England found that drinking chamomile tea raised urine levels of glycine, a compound that calms muscle spasms. Researchers believe this is why chamomile tea could prove to be an effective home remedy for menstrual cramps as well.
5. Promotes Sleep– Drinking chamomile tea soothes the nervous system so that you can sleep better. It has been used as a solution for insomnia for centuries.
6. Natural Hemorrhoid Treatment– Chamomile ointment can help to relieve hemorrhoids.
7. Fights Cancer– It’s very likely that chamomile tea can help reduce cancerous cells, although research is still ongoing to see exactly how chamomile reverses abnormal cellular growth.
8. Promotes Healthy Skin– With it’s anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties, chamomile helps in clearing up skin irritations such as eczema, acne, and allergies.
9. Busts Stress– One of the most popular uses of a cup of chamomile tea is as a stress and anxiety treatment. After a long day at work, the warm, soothing nature of this beverage can help increase the levels of serotonin and melatonin in your body, which can successfully eliminate stress and worry, while also slowing down your mind and eliminating the classic symptoms of anxiety. 1-2 cups of chamomile tea per day can do a significant help against your chronic stress symptoms. Again, while pregnancy can be a stressful time, it can cause an increased risk of miscarriage.