Menstruation is the worst nightmare for women – during this period, a woman can get depressed and definitely feels more vulnerable. Although it’s not easy, there are many things you can do that will reduce the pain and ease the discomfort during your period.
Along with maintaining personal hygiene, there are a few habits that we must stop doing.
1. If you’re wearing the same pad for the whole day, it can cause vaginal infections and produce a bad odor.
Change your pad in every 3-5 hours, whether you’re bleeding heavily or low.
2. Avoid giving more pain to your body. You’re already experiencing menstrual pain, so avoid doing things that can give more pain like waxing or planning a root canal.
3. If you’re having unprotected sex during periods, there are high chances of getting infections.
Therefore, avoid sexual intercourse during periods.
4. Doing rigorous exercises during periods will harm your body and give strain to the body.
5. You’re already losing a lot of energy and blood from your body. Therefore, it is not advisable to skip meals during periods.
You should take three proper meals along with some snacks in between.
6. Late night meals and snacks should be avoided as they will make matters worse.
7. A good night sleep is crucial if you want to be more relaxed. Menstrual cramps can make it hard to fall asleep, but you should do everything you can to relax and have a peaceful night.
8. Dairy products contain a lot of arachidonic acid which can increase the pain and cramps overnight, so make sure to avoid them.
9. Finally, you should avoid watching sad and depressing movies or listening to depressing music during your period.
This will put you in a worse psychological state than you are and make your life harder.