Alert: Authorities Urging Parents To Throw ‘Fidget Spinners’ Out Now After Shocking New Just Discovered

Unless you live under a stone you will not have noticed that the famous “Spinners” have become fashionable and are everywhere.

It has become the most popular toy among children. But recently several mothers are reporting that they have found dangerous components in the device, which are dangerous for children.

Originally, these anti-stress devices were created for children with sensory and attention disorders. They work by allowing the child to occupy their hands in order to concentrate on important tasks. But what happens to them now?

Any toys marketed toward children must comply with federal small parts regulations, which require manufacturers to put a label on products that pose choking hazards.

A small part that can pose a choking hazard is any object that fits into a cylinder that is 2.25 inches long by 1.25 inches wide, which is about the size of the fully expanded throat of a child under 3 years old.

Scott Wolfson, a spokesperson for the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which regulates product safety, told BuzzFeed News that the agency is following up on the case of a 10-year-old girl in Texas who choked on a fidget spinner part, as well as other cases of children swallowing the loose discs.

“Choking risks to children are traditionally a priority for our agency so we take that very seriously,” said Wolfson. “It’s early in the process for us but we’re taking the issue seriously. We would encourage anyone that has an incident to use to report it right away.”

None of Amazon’s 10 best-selling fidget spinners include a choking hazard warning in their product descriptions as of Wednesday.


One thought on “Alert: Authorities Urging Parents To Throw ‘Fidget Spinners’ Out Now After Shocking New Just Discovered

  • July 3, 2017 at 6:08 pm

    Why should anyone use herbal remedies or lotions or “special concoctions” to get rid of toenail fungus? All you need to do is take the time to thoroughly dry your feet, especially under the toenails! Get rid of the moisture and the fungus cannot thrive. If you must you can call this a “natural home remedy”. It works!

Leave a Reply