Cabbage has long been known for its numerous health benefits, such as being rich in phytonutrients, but most people rarely enjoy eating a bowl full of chopped cabbage.
However, with a bit of finesse and the addition of some tasty ingredients, you can easily make a mouthwatering recipe that will make you fell in love with cabbage.
A perfect example for such recipe is the Caramelized Cabbage Sauté. This simple recipe not only has an amazing taste, but it also contains high amounts of essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs in order to function optimally.
Health Benefits of Caramelized Cabbage Sauté
– Abounds in phytonutrients
– Rich in vitamin C
– Acts as a great antioxidant agent
– Has strong anti-inflammatory properties due to its high content of polyphenols
– Has incredible anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
– Helps purify blood
– Helps support liver detoxification
– Prevents free radical damag
– Low in calories and high in nutrients like vitamin B1, phosphorus, iron, copper, calcium, selenium, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese
– Boosts your immune system
– Helps treat and prevent a number of common ailments
– Abounds in minerals and vitamins such as selenium, copper, zinc, chromium, manganese, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, and vitamin K2
– Increases the absorption of calcium and improves bone health
– Possesses oleocanthal that helps lower inflammation and prevent cancer
– Contains potent antioxidants known as polyphenols
– Rich in vitamin C, chromium and potent phytochemicals
– Boosts your immune system
– Helps fight infections and decrease inflammation
– Helps keep your blood sugar levels under control
Caramelized Cabbage Sauté Recipe
– 1 medium head green cabbage (cut into ¾” slices)
– 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp grass fed butter
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– ¼ tsp turmeric powder
– Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onion and cook 3-4 minutes until soft.
3. Add garlic, stir and cook 30 seconds.
4. Turn up the heat to medium-high and add ⅓ of cabbage.
5. Stir and mix together with onions and garlic.
6. Let the mixture sit and the cabbage brown slightly.
7. Turn the cabbage over using a spatula to brown the other side.
8. Add another ⅓ of the cabbage and a tablespoon of grass-fed butter. Flip the cabbage again after 3 minutes.
9. Add the rest of the cabbage and butter, and let it brown to your liking.
10. Remove from heat, and season with red pepper flakes (optional).
Simple, tasty and ready to eat.
Not only will this Caramelized Cabbage Saute help ease inflammation with every bite, but it will also give your body a healthy dose of antioxidants to boost your health.