Cooling Witch Hazel Spray Recipe
Adding lavender essential oil to distilled witch hazel makes a soothing skin spray for skin irritation and insect bites.
1. Combine ingredients in a small bottle. Shake well and spray onto insect bites, irritated skin, sunburn or eczema.
Yogurt Mask Recipe
For a sunburned face, apply this thick paste of cold yogurt and chamomile essential oil. Yogurt is a source of lactic acid (a natural alpha-hydroxy acid), which gently smoothes rough skin. Yogurt also has mild bleaching action. If applied three or more times per week, it can help lighten redness and discoloration caused by excessive sun exposure.
• 2 tablespoons thick, plain yogurt, strained if necessary
• 2 drops Chamomile essential oil
1. Mix yogurt and chamomile essential oil.
2. Smooth the mixture over your face and neck.
3. Leave mask on for 15 minutes, then gently rinse skin with tepid water.
Cucumber-Rose Sunburn Relief Lotion
Store this relief treatment in the fridge and use it to mist on a sunburn for instant relief. The aloe vera and cucumber provide anti-inflammatory relief. The rose and coconut milk offer skin-saving healing moisture to overexposed skin.
1. Put chopped cucumber inside a strainer or piece of cheesecloth and squeeze out juice. Pour cucumber juice into a jar. Add coconut milk, rosewater and aloe vera. Close lid tightly and shake well to blend.
2. Pour some of the mixture into a spray bottle. Reserve remainder in the jar.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake well before use. Spray affected areas as desired. Soak a soft cloth and apply as a compress for 10 to 15 minutes to affected areas.