Stephanie Gerber from Hello Glow has a DIY recipe that you’ll feel pretty pleased with yourself for making.
Sleeping in makeup, mascara and eyeliner clogs up your pores, puts you at risk for eye infections, and causes premature aging.
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled water
- 1 to 2 drops tea-tree oil
- Roll of paper towels
- Measuring spoon
- Small bowl
- Serrated knife
- 1-quart (1-L) lidded plastic container
- Measure and mix the witch hazel, jojoba oil, and water in a small bowl. Add the tea-tree oil with a pipette.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the roll of paper towels in half width-wise. Remove the tube from one half.
- Put the half without the tube in an airtight container, then pour the solution over the roll—if you need more to cover the wipes, increase the witch hazel, jojoba oil, and water in a 1:1:1 ratio, then add 1 to 2 drops tea-tree oil.
- Replace the lid and turn the container upside down to make sure the other side of the roll gets soaked too.
- Store with the lid on to keep the wipes from drying. To use, pull wipes from the roll’s center and clean your eyes and face before bed. See—lazy can look good!
Use within 3 months