“I’m like Aiden where’s the quarter? And he starts pointing to his neck,” she said.
Aiden was rushed to Golisano Children’s Hospital where they took x-rays and began preparing him for surgery to have it removed when his luck suddenly changed.
“While he was being prepped, the anesthesiologist was going to put a breathing tube in and while he was doing that he could see it so he grabbed it before that had to happen,” said VanSlyke.
It was a sigh of relief for a mom who says it was like living her worst fear.
This should serve as frightening reminder – it can happen to anybody in a second.
“I’m not sure if he was just testing to see what would happen. I’m not sure why he did it, but I never thought he would.”