Greatest Homemade Hot Sauce
This Recipe is :
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 10 habanero chiles, stems removed
- 4 Serrano peppers, stems removed
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. brown rice syrup
- In a skillet over medium heat add unpeeled garlic. Roast the garlic for 10 to 15 minutes, turning every few minutes to roast evenly on all sides. When the garlic becomes softer and blacked in spots it is done. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to a saucepan add apple cider vinegar, water, chopped carrot, and onion, along with the habanero chiles and serrano peppers.
- Cover saucepan half way with a lid, and simmer over medium-low heat for 12 minutes, until the carrots are nice and tender.Carefully pour into a blender. *For me, it’s easiest to scoop the solids into the blender, and then pour the liquid in.Peel the cooled garlic and add to the blender.
- Lastly, add the sea salt and brown rice syrup to the blender. Blend until the hot sauce is smooth.* Note -With hot liquids use caution and keep one corner of the lid up to prevent the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth. **Also note – The fumes from blending the peppers are pow-er-ful so don’t put your face over it.
- Allow to cool. Pour hot sauce into jars or bottles and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe originally found HERE:
Please follow and like us: