What is the secret to soothing the aching muscles and for moisturizing skin? The secret is: magnesium lotion.
Why Is Magnesium So Important?
Magnesium belongs to the group of one of the most essential minerals for the body. Magnesium is necessary for the normal function of the cells. In fact, over 300 chemical reactions in the body make use of magnesium. The many benefits of magnesium include:
- Maintains healthy bones
- Keeps energy levels balanced
- Promotes healing and soothing of inflammation and other injuries
- Helps in the absorption of vitamin D from the sun
- Promotes circulation
- Can lower your risk of diabetes
The typical American diet does not provide enough amount of magnesium for the body. In average one adult person is provided with only 66% of the necessary daily amount of magnesium. Read this article to find out some of the most common signs of magnesium deficiency.
Did you know you can absorb nutrients and mineral through your skin? If you’ve ever heard of nicotine patches to help people quit smoking, it’s the same idea. Applying magnesium topically is a great way to reap the benefits of this mineral.
Instead of a store-bought moisturizer, try this natural moisturizing body butter instead. Not only does it moisturize and calms down the muscles, it can also be a form of sunblock that is natural. The natural SPF range of avocado oil and shea butter is from 4 – 10.
Homemade Moisturizing Magnesium Lotion
- ½ cup magnesium flakes
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
Magnesium Body Butter
- ½ cup magnesium oil (see above)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (alternatively, you can use sweet almond oil or unrefined coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp. emulsifying wax
- 3 tbsp. shea butter
Pour water that is boiling and magnesium flakes into one container. Start stirring until it is dissolved. Let it cool before continuing.
Magnesium Body Butter
- Use one small pot. Pour water to fill it about ¼ and let it boil.
- The heat should be reduced to a simmer and to fit to the used bowl that is pyrex or to a mixing bowl from stainless steel that is put on the top in order to get a double-boiler. The bowl shouldn’t reach the water.
- Add all ingredients except for the magnesium oil to the bowl and let them melt together. Put the bowl away from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- When well-mixed, cool in the fridge for 15 minutes. Blend the mixture again. It is Use a hand blender to blend the mixture. Incorporate slowly the magnesium oil.
The magnesium lotion can be used for two months. For best results, store in the fridge for cooling relief.
Please follow and like us: