Massage is the best technique you can use if you really want to relax. It is very relaxing, positive and healthy for your whole body. Moreover, massage can speed up the metabolism, stimulate the sweat glands, reduce the excess fat, stimulate the blood flow and rejuvenate the skin.
Massage is good for the whole body. However,the feet are one of the parts of the body that you get massage regularly. Here’s why you should massage the feet every night before going to bed.
Feet Massage Benefits
-Stimulates blood flow
-Improves the quality of the skin
-Boosts the metabolism
-Stimulates secretion of sweat
It is believed that the soles of the feet contain the most sweat glands and nerve endings. So, each of the endings is directly connected to the organs of our body. Hence, when you massage a particular point on your foot, you also stimulate the specific organ. Performing the massage regularly can prevent and treat various ailments.
You should massage the feet with your thumb and hold for a few seconds. Repeat the massage very night for 10-15 minutes.
Here are some self-massage techniques for feet at home:
1. Hold the toes with one hand and the ankle with the other, then slowly rotate the foot, first in one direction, then in the other.
2. Push the heel with one hand and push on the back of the foot (nail side) with the other hand in the opposite direction for about 15 seconds, as if squeezing the foot.
3. Hold your thumb and forefinger of one hand on the Achilles tendon (just above the heel) and push down on the foot near the toes with the other hand, so that the heel is stretching.
4. Holding the foot on both sides with both hands, turn it to one side and then to the other side several times.
5. Rub the pads between the bases of the fingers.
6. Pull each toe one by one: for this you should slowly pull two adjacent toes to the sides, stretching the skin between them.
7. Holding the foot with one hand grip each toe with the thumb and forefinger of the other hand, rotate each toe several times and then pull for a few seconds.
8. Pull all the toes at once, holding one hand on the big toe and the other on four other toes. Pull the foot up and shake it.