Undoubtedly, most of the fruits we eat every day offer large quantities of nutrients for our health.
However, for today we selected one fruit that is well-known by its delicious taste and its impressive properties that help body to work better, both the digestive, respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
It is about pineapple, which has proven as extremely efficient in maintaining your health and preventing many diseases thanks to its unique compound.
According to the National Health Service of Great Britain, the daily dose of pineapple a day is 2 slices or 12 pieces.
Find out more about the benefits of eating just 2 pineapple slices a day in this article.
This is what happens to your body whrn you eat 2 pineaple slices a day:
1. Reduce inflammation: Thanks to its substance bromelain, pineapple helps the body to fight against inflammations. In addition to this, it reduces swelling, pain and accelerates the process of wound-healing. Moreover, helps eliminating damaged cells.
Pineapple has also proven as extremely effective in accelerating the regeneration of connective tissue, and therefore it is applied in the healing of sports injuries: bruises, blisters and sprains.
2. Improves heart function: the rich content of C vitamin in pineapple is essential for protecting the body from vascular problems and stimulating the collagen production in bones, cartilage, muscles and blood vessels.
3. Improves eyesight: the high amounts of vitamin A contained in pineapple helps preserve eyesight and the betoquerotena strengthens this action. Regular consumption will help you reduce the risk of developing macular degeneration.
4. Strengthens your bones: pineapple contains calcium and magnesium, essential for strengthening the bones. It takes only one cup of pineapple for the body to receive 70 percent of the daily dose of manganese.
5. Prevents strokes: it is an excellent source of potassium that helps reduce pressure and prevent strokes. It also prevents myocardial infarction due to the removal of plaque in the walls of blood vessels.
6. Maintains your youth for longer: it is rich source of manganese, which helps protects the body’s cells from free radicals.
7. Aids your digestion: the pulp of the fruit, like its juice, is beneficial for the digestion process, relieves stomach swelling and constipation. It can help in case of ulcerative colitis or ulcers: of course, as an alternative solution and only after consultation with your doctor.
Note: Pineapple juice increases the acidity of the gastric juice, so you should be careful with consumption of this fruit if you suffer from gastritis, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.