As you probably know, cigarettes contain number of dangerous toxins that harm our body, the most known being nicotine. This chemical has various side effects, including lung damage and high blood pressure. You may stop smoking, but its effects will last for years.
Just 10 seconds after a cigarette smoker inhales, nicotine is absorbed through the skin and the mucosal linings in the nose, mouth and lungs, and travels through the bloodstream to the brain. Nicotine can also lead to insulin sensitivity and insulin resistance, as well as an increased risk of developing metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
It also affects pituitary hormones, thyroid hormones, adrenal hormones, and sex hormones. Here are the foods that can help you eliminate nicotine and other toxic chemicals from your body:
1. Water – The true elixir of life that eliminates all toxins from our body through the skin. What’s more, nicotine causes dehydration, so we need to drink enough water to re-hydrate our body. The recommended daily intake of water is 8 to 12 cups.
3. Pomegranate – This fruit helps blood cell count and blood circulation.
4. Broccoli: broccoli contains high levels of vitamins B5 and C, and the broccoli protects the lungs from damage.
5. Berries: berries flush out harmful toxins in the body.
6. Spinach: spinach makes tobacco tastes bad, and it also is rich in vitamins and folic acid.
7. Dry herbs: dry herbs reduce nicotine in the body, and they are rich in vitamins A and E.
8. Oranges – This fruit is rich in vitamin C, reduces stress, and improves the metabolism.
9. Carrot juice: carrot juice has vitamins A, B, C, and K that eliminate nicotine from the body. Carrot juice is high in vitamins that replenish the skin’s nutrients to make it glow because nicotine makes the skin look dull.
So, if you’re thinking about smoking or you’re trying to quit, try these foods to help you quit smoking or to help you resist smoking.