Aging is a natural phenomenon that everyone experiences in life. It is inevitable and irreversible.
Aging comes in two different types, these are intrinsic and extrinsic.Intrinsic aging is age-related changes whereas extrinsic aging is caused due to environmental factors and unhealthy lifestyle.In both ways, the production of two vital proteins collagen and elastin in the skin slows down.
The skin starts to show the different signs of aging.Especially, in extrinsic aging, the skin looks much older than the actual age.
But there are a number of treatments that can reverse the signs of skin aging and makes the skin look 10 years younger than the present age.
These 7 natural skin care remedies are designed to boost collagen production, smooth fine lines, wrinkles, crows feet and tighten loose and sagging skin.
Follow these remedies regularly for over 2 weeks to make your skin look 10 years younger naturally.
- Lemon juice to reduce age spots
The vitamin C present in lemons is a strong antioxidant. Besides, its bleaching action works wonders on age spots and freckles. Just squeeze out the juice from a lemon, apply and leave on your skin for about 15 minutes every day and then rinse with plain water.
For even better results, combine 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with half teaspoon of milk cream and 1 teaspoon of egg white. Mix all these ingredients and apply on the face; after 15 minutes, rinse with cold water.
Lemon juice in combination with honey is also a very effective remedy for ageing skin because honey has a soothing action. Mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey and massage it into your skin. Keep for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water. Here are some more remedies for ageing skin.
- Coconut milk to moisturise dry skin
Coconut is a treasure-trove of vitamins and minerals; it also has the ability to moisturise your skin and keep it soft, supple and radiantly young. Grate raw coconut and squeeze the milk out of it. Apply this coconut milk onto your face; stay for about 20 minutes and then rinse it out with warm water. Read here to know more on other beauty benefits of coconut.
- Papaya mask for skin firmness
You may know about papaya being good for the eyes because it has a lot of vitamin A; the same reason ensures it has a strong antioxidant action and this makes it good for your skin, too. Besides, the enzyme called papain in papaya can digest the dead cells on the surface of the skin and makes skin more elastic and firm. To make a papaya mask, cut a few pieces of a totally ripe papaya fruit and mash into a smooth paste. Apply this on the face and after 15 minutes, wash away with warm water.
A gentle acidic food,yogurt prevents the skin from losing its natural sheen. A fabulous sunburn healer, this dairy food also helps in lightening dark spots.·
1. 1 tsp turmeric powder with 1 tsp yogurt gives you an awesome scrub.·
2. Mix 1 tsp lemon juice with ½ a tsp honey and 1 tsp yogurt to prepare a skin lightening mask. Apply on the face and rinse off after the pack dries to reveal a brighter, younger skin.
- Cucumber and curd pack to rejuvenate skin and under-eye skin
Cucumber helps to reduce the puffiness and dark circles under the eyes; besides it also has a soothing action that keeps skin healthy. Curd contains lactic acid which has the property of exfoliating the dead cells of the skin and this helps to rejuvenate the skin. Prepare a face mask by mixing half-cup curd with two teaspoons of grated cucumber and apply this to the skin. After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water. Using this face pack about twice a week for a few months will help keep your skin healthy and young.
Coffee may not be your diet friend, but has multitude of benefits for your skin. This powerhouse of antioxidants possesses innate anti-inflammatory properties. It is an exfoliating agent and also helps in retaining skin elasticity and suppleness.·
1. A chilled coffee decoction with honey and sugar can be used as adaily cleanser.·
2. Mix 2 tbsp pure coffee powder sans chicory with 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp honey, and a few drops each of milk and coconut oil to prepare a paste. Apply this on your face and wash off after 20 minutes to reveal a energized, younger looking skin. Use lemon juice in place of honey if your skin is oily.
- Red Wine
Last, but not the least is red wine – a beverage which is well known for its anti-ageing and anti-oxidative properties. Thanks to the presence of resveratrol, which enables this alcoholic drink prevent damages triggered by free radicals. Women are allowed up to two glasses of red wine a day to reap its anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing benefits.·
1. Prepare an anti-ageing mask by blending 1 cup plain yogurt with 1tbsp honey and 5 tbsp red wine to a smooth paste. Apply it on cleansed, steamed face with finger tips. Leave side for 7 to 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.·
2. A mixture of 1 egg white with 1 tbsp honey and 3 tbsp red wine can be used as a youth-retaining face mask. Apply on cleansed face and wash off after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.