Quenepa is popularly known as Spanish lime, and it is extremely effective in treating insomnia and boosting the function of the brain.
It originates from the north of South America, but it also grown in the Caribbean and Central America. It has a delicate, jelly- like flesh, soft, leathery texture, and a hard shell, and people usually combine it with some chilly, lime, and a pinch of salt, as it has a sweet and sour taste.
According to experts, it is a combination of lime and lychee.
This miraculous fruit is high in numerous nutrients, such as:
- Amino acids;
- Vitamin C;
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12;
- Unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic);
Due to its high amounts of fiber, this fruit is effective in preventing high cholesterol levels and chronic constipation.
It is rich in vitamin A, which prevents the formation of urinary tract stones, and strengthens the immune system. It is rich in phosphorus, which balances the hormones, helps digestion, helps asthma issues and lowers blood pressure.
It is also high in minerals such as calcium, which strengthens the teeth and bones, and numerous antioxidants which prevent free radical damage and cancer.
Experts claim that quenepa contains a phenolic compound which strengthens the immune system and helps prevent heart disease.
This is only a small part of it’s many medicinal uses!
It can also:
- Eliminates parasites
- Prevents bronchitis and the flu
- Strengthens the immune system and prevents bacterial buildup in the body
- Treats and prevents kidney problems
- Stimulates red blood cell production, preventing anemia
- Improves the reproductive system’s function
- Soothes gum infections
- Prevents and treats urinary and lung infections
- Reduces high cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- treats skin issues
- Treats constipation