Warning: Four Members of a Family Died After the Woman Made a Simple Mistake With a Potato

POTATO
Potatoes can be a delicious food that can be used for countless delicious recipes. Unfortunately, in some cases it can be fatal.
If you have potatoes in your home to stand for some time, you may have to throw out. Read on to learn why it is terrifying!

One 8 – year – old girl from Russia, named Maria Chelysheva, became an orphan in 2014 because of the piles of old potatoes that her family left to rot in the basement. Right after her father went to the basement to get some potatoes, he never returned. Then, her mother went to the basement in order to find him, but she never returned as well.

The same thing happened to her brother and at the end with her grandmother. Her grandmother had earlier called on neighbors for help, but when they arrived, she was already on her own in the basement, and suffered the same terrible fate, as the others from her family, except Mary.

One important thing that every person needs to remember is that potatoes contain glycoalkaloids, which is a chemical compound that is also found in poisonous plants. It also makes the potatoes naturally toxic, under the right circumstances, not only when you consume it, but also from the inhalation of the chemicals it contains.

Glycoalkaloids concentration increases as more potatoes rot, making them emit dangerous toxic gases. The exposure to this kind of deadly combination killed Mary’s entire family.

She was also close to that danger when she was looking for her family, but fortunately, gas was dissipated a little, because her mother left the door open.

What happened to this family is absolutely heartbreaking, but we hope that their story will be a perfect warning and advice for the others, about the dangers of rotten potatoes.

 

Leave a Reply