Certain things such as dyes, hair dryers, irons and many other factors like heat and smoke have negative effects on your hair’s health. They are external aggressors that damage your hair, weaken, intoxicate and dry it, and therefore you need to detoxify it at least once a week.
Use the following recommendations and you will have hydrated, silky and shiny hair you have always dreamed of.
1. Baking Soda
Apart from being widely used in the kitchen, this ingredient has many other uses, including detoxifying hair due to its ability to remove dirt.
• 3 cups of hot water (600 ml)
• 1 cup of baking soda (140 g)
• Mix the baking soda and the 3 cups of hot water in a bowl.
• Moisten your hair and wash it with the mixture.
• Massage your scalp and make sure the baking soda has soaked from root to tips.
• Wash with cold water.
• Comb your hair carefully and don’t apply shampoo nor conditioner.
Eggs are one of the main components contained in the beauty treatments thanks to their ability to strengthen hair and make it shinier.
The yolk acts as an excellent moisturizer, while the egg white eliminates excess fat.
• Whisk two eggs.
• Apply to hair from root to tips, massage and let stand for 20 minutes.
• Rinse with cold water and wash hair as usual.
3. Sea salt
Sea salt is extremely effective in removing dandruff and dead skin cells.
It is rich in calcium and therefore it’s used to fortify cells and cleanse pores. It’s also packed with sodium chloride, meaning, it removes toxic residues and hydrates cells.
So if you’re planning to detoxify your hair, sea salt should be your first option.
• 2 tablespoons of sea salt (50 g)
• Shampoo (the amount you usually use for your hair)
• 1 small bowl
• In the bowl mix the sea salt with the shampoo.
• Apply on your scalp and massage for a few minutes.
• Let stand for 5 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
• Exfoliate and detoxify your scalp with this simple recipe once a month.
This fruit has powerful antioxidant properties , essential for detoxifying your hair and eliminating any residue that may be damaging it.
• 4 lemons (800 g)
• 0.5 liter of mineral water
• Squeeze the juice of 4 lemons.
• Add the juice to ? liter of mineral water.
• Apply to your hair from root to tips and massage to ensure penetration.
• Let stand for 20 minutes.
• Rinse with cold water.