Making healthy choices when it comes to breakfast is one way to make sure you don’t end up reaching for food that’s packed with empty calories. Consuming healthy breakfast is a habit that you should regularly practice to stay mentally and physically sharp.
As we all know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day so make sure you always eat food rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals to provide your body with energy needed to help you get through the day.
In this article, we will present you with five amazing, yet extremely healthy ideas for more varied breakfast!
1. Light breakfast
Instead of spending your morning hungry to cut calories, you can choose this filling option that contains only 200 calories.
• A cup of tea of your choice,
• A vegetable sandwich with whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomato, and fresh cheese.
2. Stress-fighting breakfast
If you are ahead of a long-working day that can make you feel stressed, you should opt for this delicious, energizing breakfast that has only 225 calories and contains stress-fighting properties.
The ingredients included in this breakfast are rich in nutrients that support hormone balance for your well-being, which helps to keep your emotions in check.
• One cup of green tea
• 1 pear, chopped
• A bowl of whole grain cereals with oat milk
3. Breakfast for good mental focus
This breakfast containsmore calories than the previous options (about 470), but is also loaded with nutrients essential for good concentration and mental focus.
• 1 glass of skim milk
• A bowl of oatmeal with dried fruit
• 1 apple or banana
4. Heart healthy breakfast
If you suffer from cholesterol levels high, experience problems with your blood pressure, and have cardiac issues, this breakfast is ideal for maintaining a good heart health.
Thanks to its richness in dietary fiber and antioxidants helps balance lipids in your arteries and strengthen your heart muscle.
• One cup of green tea
• One serving of whole wheat bread with plain tuna
• A handful of nuts
• 1 kiwi, chopped
5. Breakfast for athletes
If you’re an athlete or practice high impact physical activity, your breakfast should contain simple sugars to boost your energy levels.
A good portion with protein and antioxidants will significantly improve your physical performance.
• 1 glass of orange juice
• A slice of whole wheat bread with cured ham
• A handful of dried fruit with a teaspoon of honey
Why you shouldn’t skip breakfast
Many people think skipping breakfast will help them lose weight. But they are wrong if they think that cutting morning calories will help them shed a few pounds, because it is quite the opposite. Skipping breakfast leads to gaining weight. A lack of energy leads to slow metabolism and consequently, accumulation of body fat.
Other effects from skipping breakfast include:
• Fatigue or drowsiness,
• Weakening of the immune system,
• Digestive issues,
• Nutritional deficiencies.
• Anxiety, stress, or emotional imbalance,
• Decrease in muscle mass,
• Difficulty concentrating and remembering things,
What to do if you have little time to eat breakfast
• You don’t have to invest a lot of time to enjoy a complete, balanced, and healthy breakfast. In fact, all you need are some simple, fail-proof tricks:
• Wake up 15 or 20 minutes earlier than usual. That way, you’ll have time to make breakfast.
• Plan out your breakfasts for the week. If you write down what you’ll eat, you can have all the ingredients ready ahead of time.
• Make a smoothie. These drinks are fast to make, and you can mix different ingredients to whip up a light and complete breakfast.