Why Drink Oregano Tea?
Oregano has both antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties.
Plus, it also contains fiber, iron, manganese, vitamin E, iron, calcium, omega fatty acids, manganese, and tryptophan to support your immune system as it fights off your infection
And that’s just the beginning: the herb treats asthma, bronchitis, heartburn, bloating, cramps, headaches , fatigue, muscle pain, toothaches, and gum disease.
Oregano’s benefits are partly due to its high antioxidant content. In fact, the Journal of Clinical Nutrition even found that the herb has 42 times the antioxidant found in apples.
Plus, a 2007 study published in the International Food Journal of Sciences found that the antioxidants in oregano tea also lowered cholesterol.
Oregano Tea For Colds
Oregano increases sweat production to help your body detox and acts as an expectorant to push that mucus out of your body. . For even better results, add oregano oil to a diffuser and inhale the steam.
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
You’ll have to:
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Chop the leaves and quickly add to the pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, and enjoy hot.