We will explain the benefits of eating eggs frequently in this article, which show that you can eat them more often than you might have thought.
What Do Eggs Offer?
Eggs are a food that are small but give you a lot of nutrients. That is why we say that they have great nutritious value.
- They are very rich in high quality protein, which means that they have all the essential amino acids in the right amounts for your body.
- They have vitamins B (B1, B3, B12, folic acid, and biotin), A, E, and D.
- They contain minerals like selenium, zinc, phosphorus, and iron.
Most of the components are found in the yolk, although the white is what contains most of the protein.
- Thanks to their components and especially their protein content, they are great for athletes, pregnant women, and children.
- Their B vitamins help you get energy, balance your nervous system, and improve brain functioning.
- Their vitamin D content helps you absorb calcium and prevent diseases like osteoporosis or other bone problems.
- They are best for cases of anemia, thanks to its content in iron and other minerals.
- They are an essential food in periods of recovery and convalescence, because besides being very nutritious, they don’t tend to cause digestive problems.
- Selenium and zinc make them a highly antioxidant food, which helps prevent cellular aging.
- Because they have lutein among their components, eggs help prevent visual problems caused by aging, like macular degeneration or cataracts.
- You can make very hydrating masks for your skin and hair with raw egg mixed with other ingredients like olive or almond oil, oatmeal, or beer yeast. We especially recommend it for dry skin, damaged hair, or split ends.
How Many Eggs Can You Eat
A few years ago, they started to say that you should not eat more than threeeggs a week because it could significantly increase cholesterol and triglyceride levels. However, this statement has lost significance as it has been proven that what causes these high levels is eating trans fat, in combination with other food or suffering from continuous stress.
You can eggs almost everyday, according to your situation and keeping in mind that you should combine them with vegetable and be conscious that they are animal protein and therefore there is no need to include meat or fish in the same meal.
Also, if you want to lose weight or reduce your triglycerides, you should avoid eating fast food or those included in sauces, desserts, etc.
You can also alternate chicken eggs with quail eggs, for example.
How to Cook Them
Eggs have multiple possibilities in the kitchen:
- Fried: Preferably in olive oil, with a little bit of garlic and sea salt
- Cooked: It is best to cook it for at least a minute and then leave it in the water until it’s warm or cook it again but turn it off before it boils again to prevent the sulfuric substances that give it more smell and a grey appearance to the yolk
- Passed under water: Cook the egg briefly and immediately put it under cold water to stop it from cooking and so the egg is semi-cooked, which is great to soak bread in
- Scrambled: You can also cook it in the pan, as if you were frying it, but stirring it instead with a wooden spoon. It is delicious when combined with garlic, shrimp, mushrooms, or cheese.
- Spanish omelette: Spanish omelette is made by beating an egg and frying it in a pan. You can make it with potatoes, vegetables, mushrooms, pees, etc.
You should also not forget that many recipes include eggs like mayonnaise, batters, sponge cake, meringues, etc.
While eating eggs frequently has its benefits, please remember to incorporate them into your diet in moderation, like everything.